Being leading Accounting and Bookkeeping software, QuickBooks provides a considerable number of services to its users. But due to some technical errors, these services may face issues. These errors are divided further into categories, which include a number of errors relatable to each other. Similarly, the QB Error 6000 series is a category of errors that are related to the Company File Errors.
QuickBooks Error 6000 82 is one such error that does not allow a user to open the Company file. In this article, we will be learning about all the aspects of this error. For more information, you can contact to our ProAccountingXprt team at toll-free QuickBooks Error 6000 Series Support Number +1800-366-1468.
Error Code 6000 82 comes up on the screen with the following message:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.”
Reasons for the occurrence of QB Error Code 6000 82
- QuickBooks company files may have got damaged.
- QuickBooks company files might not be found on the other system in the network.
- The data source name might have been damaged.
- The corruption or improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop Software on your system.
Methods for fixing Error Code 6000 82 in QB
METHOD 1: REMOVAL OF SPACES FROM THE COMPANY NAME
- Firstly, you have to log out of your QuickBooks Account
- Open the folder where the company files are being stored.
- You are required to pinpoint the company file and then right-click on it.
- Now you have to select the Rename option.
- You are suggested to remove the spaces from the name and then tap on the Enter button.
- In the end, try to open and create a new company file again.
METHOD 2: TURNING OFF HOSTING WHERE QuickBooks IS INSTALLED
For single-user access:
- Open the Main menu and then, from Files, go to Utilities.
- Now you are required to click on Stop Hosting Multiple User.
- And then you have to tap on Yes when the confirmation message pops up.
For multiple user access:
- Access to QuickBooks software in all the systems where you are facing such issues.
- Open Window from the No Company and then click on the file.
- Now go to the main menu, open the File option and from there, click on the Utilities option.
- If Stop Hosting Multiple User Access options pops up on your screen, it shows that the multiple user hosting is enabled.
- You are required to hit on the Stop Hosting Multiple User Access option if it appears on the screen.
- Now, you are supposed to follow the steps that pop up the screen to turn off the hosting.
- In the end, open the company file again.
METHOD 3: SWITCH TO HOSTING LOCAL AND REMOTE FILES MODE FOR MULTIPLE USER ACCESS.
- Navigate to QuickBooks and then press the F2 button in order to run the product information window.
- Adjust hosting to Local Files Only from the Local Server Information window.
- Now you have to switch to Multi-User Mode.
- Go to QuickBooks company file on your system and then press F2 to open the product information window.
- In the end, please ensure that the hosting has been adjusted to Local Files Only.
QuickBooks Support For Error Code 6000 82 In QuickBooks
Error 6000 82 is not a big issue though it may hinder your workflow. To not face such issues while working, you have to get rid of such errors. That is why we have discussed three different methods for fixing this error so that you may have continuity while you are working. However, if you continue to face such error, you may contact QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 toll-free. Intuit ProAccountingXpert team and or ProAdvisors are available 24×7.