QuickBooks, initiated by Intuit, provides its users as many facilities as possible which proved to be a helping hand for small and medium scale business owners. QuickBooks Electronic Check Processing is one of those features. It is quite similar to paper check processing, but on the other hand, e-check is too much faster than a paper check. This feature of QuickBooks allows a user to effortlessly save the time as he does not have to fill up a paper check and send it to the firm manually.
In this article, we will be providing you with the procedure of processing the E-Check and scanning the Check payment. For instant and quick support, you may connect to our ProAdvisors by dialling toll-free QuickBooks Service Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468.
NOTE: The ability of processing check transactions is acquired by only one feature of QuickBooks, and that is QuickBooks Payments accounts.
How to process E-Check Payment?
If there is no existing invoice for the customer, then a Sales Receipt is used in QuickBooks. You do not have to make a new one.
- Go to the Main menu of QuickBooks.
- Click on the Customer option and then select Enter Sales Receipts option.
- Now you have to select Customer: Job and then choose a customer or job.
- Give the information such as Item, Description, Quantity, Rate, and Amount as per the requirements.
- As the next step, select e-Check as the Payment Method.
(Note: The Check No option is entirely optional. Without using check numbers, you may process an e- Check payment.)
- Now you are required to click on the Process e-Check payment when saving checkbox from the bottom of the monitor of your system.
- Tap on the Save & Close section.
- Please give the needed payment information such as:
- Account type
- Routing Number
- Account Number
- Customer’s first and last name
- Phone number
- Customer verification (signed authorization or customer will be on the phone while the process runs.)
- In the end, click on the Submit option.
How To Scan Check Payment?
You are required to ensure that your scanner is TAIWAN compliant before scanning checks. This process is to be done to make sure about the compatibility with QuickBooks check scanning software.
NOTE: You may only scan checks that are personal within the QuickBooks Desktop. Presently, QuickBooks has no option to scan business checks.
- Go to the Main menu of QuickBooks.
- Move your cursor towards the Customers option and then click on Receive Payments.
- Now, from the Receive Payments Window, select Scan Check.
- You might get a warning message within the dialog box. After that, you have to click on YES to continue the process.
- In this step, you may scan the check that you wish to process and tap on the Next option.
- You may review the check details of the check that is being scanned by selecting the Customer Name, Check Number, and Check Amount and then you can click on Next button.
- You can record the payment, OR you might skip the option of recording the payment. Choosing the second option will allow you to record the payment later.
- If you select “Record the payment”, then you are required to follow these steps.
- Now you have to record check as Receive Payment and then make changes to the invoice or Sales Receipt. After this, click on Save & Close to view the next check.
- You need to perform similar steps for all the checks that are scanned.
- Once you are done with the process, select Send Check for Processing.
- Now you may click on Close option to shut the recent window.
- In the end, click on Make Deposits section to record the deposit, or you may click on I’ll do this later in order to wait unless you get the funds.
Contact QuickBooks Tech Support
All the steps that have been mentioned above will hopefully help you to process an e-Check and scan the check payments. If you run into some difficulty or you want any further assistance, our ProAdvisors are ready to serve you. You just need to connect to ProAccountingXpert team by calling toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468.