Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet
Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet is an enhanced feature of QuickBooks Desktop version 18.0 and 19.0. this feature allows the QuickBooks users to get access to the effective and efficient work environment. It helps you to keep a regular check on the inventory that has been stored in the Warehouse, which is already allocated to a customer. Thus, if you face a shortage of stock in the other order from a customer, you may submit it into QuickBooks SOF worksheet. This will allow you to maintain a proper record of all the sales order.
You may easily use the QB Sales Order Fulfillment worksheet, but you need to make sure that the Advanced Inventory Preferences are enabled or not. And to do so, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Main Menu, go to the Edit option and then move the cursor to Preferences section.
- Now you need to select Items & Inventory from the left pane and then go to the Company Preferences.
- Select the Advanced Inventory Settings.
- Now move towards the Site Operations tab and tick mark on Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet.
Once you finish setting the preferences, you may manage and fulfil your sales orders by following this path:
Go to the Customers menu > select Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet.
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19.0
The QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 19.0 Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet has three tabs which are mentioned below:
- The first tab is the DASHBOARD tab.
- The second one is PICK tab.
- And the final one is PACK tab.
Now we are going to discuss about each of these tabs:
In order to see and manage sales order, this tab is the central place. With the help of this tab you will be instantly able to look into a snapshot of all your sales orders along with their statuses (All, Open, Picked, Packed, and Shipped) which will help you in proceeding the following:
- Send for picking
- Send for packing
- Print shipping label
- Mark as shipped
NOTE: All the columns in the Dashboard could be sorted. Only QuickBooks Enterprise 18.0 is available with a Ship Date column.
Here, in this tab, you can manage your Picklist.
If you want to view and manage your packing list, you may open this tab.
Sales Order Fulfillment
When users get sales order, there few processes through which the order undergoes. These orders go through three major processes which can be managed in sequence in regard to your company file, sales order volume and other operations. In short, these processes may go through three stages, i.e. Pick, Pack and Ship. The firstly picked items will be sent for the packing process. After this, they will be shipped. Every business has its own way of performing such procedures. Due to this, QuickBooks Desktop Sales Order Fulfillment process is flexible, and the user may easily customize it according to their business requirements.
You may choose among the following processes:
- Workflow 1: Pick > Pack > Ship
- Workflow 2: Pick > Ship
- Workflow 3: Ship
- From Dashboard, select the Sales Order(s) that you want to send for picking. Sales Order could be of the following types:
- One Sales Order: Go to the Action column and then select the Send for Picking option.
- Multiple Sales Order: select the Sales Orders that you wish to pick and after that go to Batch Actions option. Now, you may click on the Send for Picking option.
- Now, as the next step, select the line item from the Create Picklist window. You may also give To Fulfill Quantity and Update Site.
- You are required to click on Next.
- Submit a Note of your desire, and then you may add a picker.
- Now you have to select among the following options:
- If you are using a Mobile Scanner, Connect to a Device.
- In order to update Sales Order status manually, Print Picklist.
Status Update For Picked Items
- For mobile scanner users:
From the Warehouse on the Pick tab, the real-time status can be tracked. Now you will be getting an orange arrow notification in the Alert columns highlighting a picklist update. You will get this update whenever there is an update notification from Warehouse with the help of the mobile scanner. Now you may select the Sales Order(s)from the location of the Orange Arrow, and after this, you can click on Update Sales Order. This is going to update the status of the applicable Sales Order.
- For printed picklist users:
You need to update the quantity that you have picked. And you also need to update its status on the pick tab manually.
- Double-click on a line item in order to update it.
- Now you are required to update the quantity according to which the pick status will get updated automatically.
- In the end, select the Update Sales Order and then click on the OK when the confirmation box pops-up.
If you use shipping manager, then, in that case, the Sales Order Fulfillment worksheet will help you to make your shipping labels easy.
To do this, steps are given below:
- Look for the Sales Order in order to ship from the Dashboard.
- Go to the Action column and then select the Print shipping label option.
- Now you are required to choose the method of your choice:
- FedEx package
- UPS package
- USPS package
- After this, you will have a confirmation message in response to which you have to click on the Next button.
- Select the package that you want to ship and then, again, click on Next button.
(NOTE: At one time, the shipping labels can be printed only for one site. At the same time, you may print shipping labels for packages by ticking the None of the above option.)
- You have to log into the Shipping Manager through your carrier service account information if you are utilizing it for the first time.
- Once the user is done with the process, he will get a confirmation notification along with the details of shipping and cost.
- If you choose from Print to form in the Shipping Manager dialog, the tracking number and shipping cost will be automatically updated by the Original Sales Order.
- Now, a confirmation message will pop up on your screen. And then the shipping details will be updated. You may see these details by opening the View Details in the Dashboard.
Marking Sales Order As Shipped
In order to mark the order as shipped, you are supposed to follow these fundamental steps:
- From Dashboard, tick on the Sales Order(s) that you want to mark as shipped.
- One Sales Order: Click on the Mark as Shipped from the Action.
- Multiple Sales Orders: Tick mark all the Sales Order that you want and then click on the Mark as Shipped option from the Batch Action.
- When a confirmation screen will pop-up, click on Yes. However, to go back to the previous process, you may click on No.
- In the end, you will get a notifying message affirming that Sales Order(s) are shipped. And then click on, OK.
NOTE: You may also perform the Marking Process of Sales Order in between the workflow. You are not required to perform all the step to do the marking again.
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0
The QuickBooks Enterprise 18.0 Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet has two tabs which are mentioned below:
- First one is Orders
- The second one is the Picklist.
All the open sales are mentioned with inventory in this tab. You may follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Firstly you need to View and Prioritize the Sales Orders.
- Now, reduce the relevant Sales Orders:
- Search the Sales Orders as per Customer, job, or order.
- Please, customize the Sales Order with accordance to the Order status, Fulfillability status, or Warehouse.
- You may use the fulfillable column to instantly determine whether the sales order could be fulfilled by a specific warehouse.
- You need to choose a Warehouse as Sales Order does not come with a selected Warehouse.
- Opt for a Warehouse, modify the fulfillability status in upcoming columns that are calculated at real-time after knowing the information about all the items in the sales order.
- In the upper right-section, navigate to the Refresh Icon in order to have a look at the Sales Order that you have created recently. And then, do not forget to update the fulfillability status with regards to the recent changes that you have made to Inventory and Sales Order status updates. In case if you have done the modifications of the Warehouse of Sales Order and forgot to create a pick list, then, in that case, the amendments will not save and overwriting would not be possible while you try to refresh.
This tab contains all the required Picklist. With the help of this tab, you may do the following:
- You can have a look at all opened Picklist and their respective progress. Moreover, you may click on it to check other information as well.
- You may click on the Refresh icon from the scanner on the picking process to acquire real-time details.
- It will help you to keep a check on the notes from the picker.
- You can also modify Picklist, if required.
- It allows you to print the Picklist and packaging slip.
- Moreover, it helps in updating the Sales Order to complete the process.
You may utilize the Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet for the following process:
- To create a picklist and to view a picklist
- To print a picklist
- To update the Sales Order.
All QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Versions
If you are using any version of QuickBooks Enterprise other than version 18.0 and 19.0, such as the Premier or Pro editions of QuickBooks Desktop and on the other, if the required Advanced Inventory preference is enabled, you will get a different Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet.
Under this section, you may list the Sales Orders with the Inventory items of your desire. Now, click on Sort for managing the Sales Order through Customer: Job, Order number, Open account, etc. you might also keep a check in the details and adjust To Fulfill Quantity of selected sales order’s line item.
Print Your Work
Under this section, you may print Picklists, Packing slips, and Sales order that are used to fulfil inventory and to create invoices manually. You may also print sales order by choosing a sales order and then clicking on the Print option.
Reach QuickBooks Technical Support At:
In this article, we have provided you with the full-fledged knowledge of the QuickBooks Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheets. We have discussed how to utilize these worksheets in each version of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. If you face any difficulty in using it or if you know more about it, you may connect to Intuit ProAccountingXpert team. Our ProAdvisor will assist you with proper guidance24x7. Give us a call on QuickBooks Support Number +1800-366-1468 toll-free.