QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that comes with so many accounting features and it is being used by millions of businesses across the globe. It allows you to manage your accounts, sales and finances without any complexities. Despite of so many advantages, it has various error codes as well and your work may get hindered. QuickBooks Error 1317 is one of the errors that occurs while installing QuickBooks Desktop. It is an installation error that can pop up on your screen if your system found some issues while installing.
In this article, we will be providing you the steps you need to perform to resolve QuickBooks Error 1317 with manual steps. You can also contact our technical support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-366-1468 for any kind of assistance.
You get QuickBooks Error 1317 on your screen while installing QuickBooks or creating a directory in QuickBooks and you get the following error message:
Error: “1317: An error occurred while creating directory [directory]”
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 1317
QuickBooks Error 1317 usually occur when there are some issues with QuickBooks installations. Some of the major causes of this error are as follow:
- A third-party application is creating hindrance in the installation process.
- Your current system doesn’t have appropriate permissions to install QuickBooks.
- Some modifications in Windows Registry is creating hindrance in the installation.
- The system requires Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio .NET to run the installation.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1317
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1317 are as given below:
- Reboot your system and login as an Administrator.
- Press Windows + E keys to open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the C:\ drive
- Right-click on Program folder and select Properties from the drop-down options.
- Navigate to the Sharing tab and then choose Permission or Advanced Sharing option.
- Click on Everyone from the Group.
- Tap on Allow from the Full Control section.
- Choose username box or click on System.
- Select Allow on the Full Control section.
If none of the above two options are available then follow the steps below:
- Select Add and then provide missing group in the search section.
- Select Check Names and then OK.
- Enter Full Control to the newly created group.
- Navigate to the Security tab and then select Advanced.
- Open the Change Permissions tab and put a checkmark on the Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object checkbox.
- Choose all the required options and then save changes.
Now, attempt the clean installation of QuickBooks again in your system to check if the error is resolved or not.
Reach Us For QuickBooks Technical Support
The provided solutions should help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 1317 and the QuickBooks Desktop should be installed without any issue. However, if you are facing any kind of issue while performing the solution steps or the error is persists after performing solution steps, you can connect with our technical support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 and get your issues resolved.