QuickBooks provides various facilities to its users, such as contactless transactions, inventory management, payroll functions, and much more. Online banking is also a part of facilities that QuickBooks provides. QuickBooks allows it’s users to link their Bank Account with the software. With the help of this feature, you may process the transactions, pay your employees, download the bank statements and much more. Majority of the QuickBooks users avail the services of Bank Feeds features.
Although, just like other QuickBooks Errors, this feature also come across a few issues sometimes. Error code OLSU-1024 and OLSU-1022 is one such error which occurs when a user tries to create an account for QB Bank Feeds.
Following message comes up on the screen when you encounter this error:
“An error occurred while updating the branding files! Please restart the Online Banking Setup Wizard to initiate the update process again.”
The message that is mentioned above is then followed by the following statement:
“OLSU-1024 or OLSU-1022”
Another root cause for getting this error could be the situation when the Financial Institution Directory is not updated for adding the bank account, or it might not be saved in the required storage location.
Solutions for fixing QuickBooks Error OLSU-1024 Or OLSU-1022
SOLUTION 1: UPGRADING QuickBooks TO THE NEWER VERSION
You are recommended to update QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise to the latest version.
SOLUTION 2: UPGRADING THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION DIRECTORY TO THE LATEST RELEASE
- Press Window + E to open Windows Explorer.
- Run the following folder – C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist.
- Locate the txt file, and then you have to right-click on the file.
- Now from the drop-list, select the Rename tab and change the file name to old.
- Get the latest version of QuickBooks by right-clicking on it.
- Now you have to choose Save Target As/Save Link As from the menu which has popped up on your screen.
- You are required to select the Desktop option as the file storage location on the Save As window, and then you have to click on the Save tab.
- Once the downloading process is finished, hit on the Close option. (This step is entirely optional.)
- You have to create a copy of the fidir.txt in order to amend the filist folder:
- Firstly, right-click on the fidir.txt file, and then you will get a drop-down list from where you have to click on Copy option.
- Press Windows + E in order to open Windows Explorer.
- Move to the filist folder: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist.
- Now you are required to press CTRL + V so that you can paste the file. After doing this, the fidir.txt file will be available at the desktop folder.
- Now you may open QuickBooks and frame up the account.
SOLUTION 3: REPAIRING QuickBooks
- Press Windows + E to open Windows Explorer.
- Select Uninstall or change a program from the folder’s menu list.
- Click QuickBooks from the program list and then you have to tap on the Uninstall/Change option.
- Now from the QuickBooks installation wizard:
- Firstly, you are required to click on Next and then choose the Repair option.
- And then you need to click on Finish option.
If you continue to run into such issue even after repairing QuickBooks, you are supposed to perform the Reinstallation of QuickBooks using a clean install.
SOLUTION 4: EDITING THE fidir.txt PREFERENCES
- As the first step, you have to press Windows +E to open Windows Explorer.
- Move to the folder: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\OLB\branding\filist.
- Open the txt file and then right-click on it.
- Now you will get a drop-down list from which you have to click on Properties.
- You are required to mark the Read-only option.
- In the end, again, try to make an account for Bank Feeds.
We are glad if you find these steps helpful. Yet, if you still face such issue or you do not want to invest your time in such petty matters, you may connect to Intuit ProAccountingXpert team. Our ProAdvisor will help you with the proper guidance because we value your ease and comfort. Give us a call on QuickBooks Tech Service Support Number +1800-366-1468 toll-free.