QuickBooks Desktop has various error codes and issues, but the subscription related issues are often being faced by the QuickBooks users. Most of the time the subscription issues occur because you forget to renew your subscription, or it couldn’t get renewed and you start facing issues. One such issue is Your QuickBooks Subscription Has Lapsed or Your Full Service Plan Has Expired that can occur while installing, updating or running QuickBooks and you get one of the following error message:
Your QuickBooks Subscription has lapsed.
Sorry, it looks like your subscription has lapsed.
These error message can occur after you get verify your subscription or update your card option.
Causes Of The Error
- Unstable or unavailable internet connection.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks version.
- You are trying to activate a newer version of QuickBooks using the older subscription details.
- You changed your credit card but didn’t updated your subscription in QuickBooks.
- Installation of QuickBooks was not done properly.
How To Resolve The Subscription Error?
Update billing information in CAMPS
- Open an intent browser and browse to the https://camps.intuit.com.
- Go to the product or subscription for which you want to change the payment methods.
- Go to the Product details and select Billing Information. Click on Edit.
- Enter the updated information and then click on Save & Close.
- Synchronize your QuickBooks license by following the below steps:
- Run QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to Help menu.
- Select Manage My License > Sync License Data Online.
- Provide required information.
Install QuickBooks Updates
You can also face the subscription issues because of outdated version of QuickBooks. Updating QuickBooks to the latest version can help you in resolving the issue. For this, go to Help > Update QuickBooks and perform the onscreen prompts. You can also contact the QuickBooks Upgrade Support department.
Delete .ecml file
- Close QuickBooks and its related processes using the Task manager.
- Navigate to the entitlement data folder to operate system and version of QuickBooks.
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) in the search field and hit enter
- Locate and right-click on the ecml file.
- Select Delete from the drop-down options and select Yes on the confirmation box.
- Now, open QuickBooks and open the company file.
- Perform onscreen prompts to complete the process.
Note: QuickBooks Point of Sale users needs to re-register the program because it requires the same EntitlementDataStore.ecml file as QuickBooks Desktop.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Subscription Issues
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the subscription error and you should now able to open your QuickBooks and work on it. However, if you still face the same issue then it is quite possible that the installation of QuickBooks is damaged. In such situations, you need to contact our technical support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 and get your issues resolved.