QuickBooks Desktop is a powerful accounting software, but it is also true that it is prone to errors. Unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks are one of the most common and critical errors. In this article, we will be discussing about how to resolve the unrecoverable error while opening a QuickBooks Desktop on a workstation in multi-user mode. You can face this error when the QBFC monitor service is running on a workstation, but it doesn’t host your company file.
|Important! Make sure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. If you use QuickBooks Desktop on a multi-user mode and there’s a dedicated server or machine to store your QuickBooks company file, ensure that hosting is enabled on your server. You can prevent this issue to occur again by making sure that hosting is turned off on all the workstations apart from the server.|
How To Resolve The Unrecoverable Errors In QuickBooks Desktop?
Solution 1: Run the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub helps you to resolve common errors.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open an internet browser and navigate to the official website of Intuit QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save the file wherever you prefer (Most preferably, save to the download folder or the desktop.
- Run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Perform the onscreen prompts to install the tool. Also agree to the terms and conditions.
- Wait for the installation to finish and once it is done, go to the desktop and then run the tool hub.
Note: If the icon is not available on the desktop, go to the Start menu and search for QuickBooks Tool Hub from the search field.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix my Program
- From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose Program Problems.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and try to open your QuickBooks company file.
Step 3: Prevent QBCF Monitor service from re-starting on the workstation.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Type services.msc in the search field and click on OK.
- Go through the list and double-click on QBCFMonitorService and the Properties.
- Select Disabled as Startup type.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Solution 2: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop Installation
See Repair QuickBooks for detailed instructions.
Solution 3: Follow the general troubleshooting for unrecoverable errors
You can refer to the article for general troubleshooting for QuickBooks unrecoverable errors.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
As you already know that the unrecoverable errors are the most critical errors in QuickBooks desktop as they can even lead to the data loss kind of situations. If you don’t resolve it in the initial stages, you might not be able to resolve it manually. If you are also not able to resolve the error manually, you need to connect with our QuickBooks Experts by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-366-1468 and get instant solution for your issues.