You get the QuickBooks Error Server occurs when you work on your QuickBooks company file. You get the following error message when this error occurs:
This error can be resolved by performing the steps provided in this article. However, if you require any kind of help to resolve the error, you can get connected with our ProAdvisors by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error: Server Busy?
Before start performing the steps, you need to review your network connectivity and resolve any identified issues. You can also consult your IT team for help. Run QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved or not. If the error is still around, follow the steps mentioned below:
Solution 1: Close All Running Program
- Close all the running processes using the Task Manager.
- You might be facing QuickBooks Server Busy Error due to following applications:
- Google Desktop
- Windows Defender
- Vista Security
- Pivot Software Control
- If you are running your system in selective startup mode, close the IntuitFCS.
- Disable the Webroot Soy Sweeper application when you run the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Solution 2: Check If Windows Is Updating Or Not
Check if all the Windows updates are installed in your system. If not, you need to manually install all the available updates. Try to run QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved or not. If the error is still around, go to the next solution.
Solution 3: Check And Close All QuickBooks Components
- Use Task Manager to close all the processes related to QuickBooks.
- From the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and close the following processes:
- Open QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Remove The QuickBooks Update Agent Displaying The “Server busy” Message
- From the Start menu, go to All Programs and then select Startup.
- Locate and right-click on QuickBooks Update Agent and select Delete from the drop-down options.
- Remove shortcut from the desktop as well.
- Disable all the QuickBooks Desktop Updates by following the below steps:
- From the main menu, go to Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Select Option.
- Go to the Shared Download option and select No and then Close.
In case if Intuit ProSeries is installed on the computer then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Run the Task Manager and look for the exe (XX refers to the version of Intuit ProSeries software)
- Press Windows + E keys to open the file explorer and navigate to the C:\ProWinXX (XX refers to the version of Intuit ProSeries software).
- Open the 32-bit folder and locate and right-click on the exe file.
- Select Rename from the drop-down options.
- Add the word OLD at the end of the file name and hit enter.
- Close the folder
If you are still facing the same issue, follow the below steps. Make sure that you perform these steps under your IT professional guidance.
- Run your system in Safe Mode With Networking.
- Run QuickBooks and then reboot your system in normal mode. The issue should get resolved now.
- Open QuickBooks in Selective Startup and then open it again in Safe Mode.
- Reboot your system again if you are in a networking mode and then connect your system to workstations again.
- Review your backup or mirroring application and make sure that it is running properly on the server. If yes, then there are chances that this software is creating hindrance in running QuickBooks Desktop. You need to disable the software and then run QuickBooks again.
- There are possibilities that the error is occurring because the antivirus software installed on server as it might be restricting various QuickBooks processes.
Still Facing Same Issues?
Following above solutions should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Server Error and you should now be able work on your QuickBooks software without any hindrance. However, if you are still facing the same issue, you can get connected with our technical support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 and get your issues resolved.